Monday 10 January 2011

Reflection on Student Magazine.


For my music magazine I created parts of it using Photoshop and InDesign. It took me 3 weeks to create both the front cover and contents page. For most of the designing I used Photoshop because I found it easier to use even though in design was recommended more for the contents page because it was better with layout. However I stuck to Photoshop for both the front cover and the contents page because I knew how to use it as I have previously.
 I attempted to do my front cover on InDesign at first but I struggled even with rotating the image round and for it to fit the sized box. I think what I found difficult with InDesign is that it wasn’t as freely and moveable as Photoshop because with Photoshop the layers I selected to move I could dot it when I wanted to and go back to it and change it if I wasn’t happy with the design so far. Once I was used to Photoshop very well I got to creating the different layers quickly like the mastheads and main cover lines because the text effects and designs were quick to access and use to give you a visual on what it would look like, and easy to change if I wasn’t happy with it.

I think my student magazine as an overall was pretty good and looked very effective to catch peoples eyes as I made it look a lot like any other magazine, and for my first attempt of ever making one I think it went quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment